Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Robert Capa, Redux

Terrific piece in tomorrow's New York Times on the discovery of missing Robert Capa negatives in Mexico. ICP now going through them and they hope to solve the decades-long debate over whether he staged the most famous war photo of all-time (see image above) or even if it might have actually been taken by his lover Taro. It amazes me that Hollywood hasn't done a bio-pic of that pair yet. I posted a couple of weeks ago about attending the Capa/Taro show at ICP in New York recently. I have to say, I was surprised to see a Capa photo of another guy getting shot in the same exact location, which raised some suspicions on my part. Here is link to the Times piece:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/arts/design/27kenn.html?ref=arts

No comments: