Featured Post

Click Here for Excerpts (and Reviews) for New Book

Friday, March 28, 2008

My so-called Second Life

Just did my first Second Life, or as used to call it Virtual Life, thing for the book, with Jimbo Hoyer. Beyond the strangeness (my avatar was pretty buff, I must say) it was like so many bookstore readings of my past -- only about 20 people showed up but the questions were good and the buzz was fine. Some looked like Jimi Hendrix, complete with guitar but maybe without the drug habit. Unlike bookstore things, you don't know if anyone bought any books and I certainly didn't sign any. There was supposed to be an "after party" but it didn't seem to happen, although music was in the air and people complained about the selections. I was a little curious about virtual dancing but maybe next time.

No comments: